I Scream Social - home pop culture social media case studies Image Map

#DesignHack: No patience? No problem!

Creating images for social sharing isn't easy. Especially if you have absolutely no experience with Photoshop, Indesign, or Gimp. It can take forever to learn how to use these programs, let alone create an image worth sharing. So what do you do if you don't have the time or patience to teach yourself?



You head to canva.com, that's what!

I learned about Canva through Laura at LKR Social Media and it has been a lifesaver for me when I need clean images in a pinch. They have predesigned templates, but also offer tools you can use to quickly create your own images from "scratch". And did I mention it's FREE? With the option to pay for premium features of course, but everything that matters is free.

*edit: I forgot to add that Canva images are already presized for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and more! Trust me when I say this app is amazing.

Besides the one above, here are more images I have made using Canva in the past:



Clean, simple and made in minutes!


Can you see the mistake I made in the pictures above? Go ahead, take some time to think. I'll wait.

The answer? Lack of branding. 

Both images were used on my (paused) e-commerce site Shop LIONESS. But where is the logo or label with my site's name? Every original image shared on social media should have some sort of label with your blog name, url, or your own name. If that image catches on and gets shared a billion times, you want credit for that!


No comments:

Post a Comment